Click here to receive email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, 22 December 2008

Questionnaire Results - Sparky and Family


Favourite Christmas Song?
Choose the version you like....


Sparky said that his favourite was Let it Snow and Valerie says, "I think my favorite Christmas Carol, is the "First Noel." It has such pretty harmonies, and always makes me think of my magical Christmas in France, singing Christmas Carols with my sweet companion and wonderful members in Paris"


How are you spending Christmas this year?
Sparky - Still up in the air. Basically, just simply and with the four of us here in San Diego. We might run up to West Covina to see Val's family on Christmas Day.
Valerie - With my parents in L.A.

What sports clubs or activities were you active in this year?
Sparky - I have done a lot of swimming, cycling, weight training, and running this year. I have also played a fair bit of basketball.
Valerie - Bike riding, (I found a bike by the trash, and a neighbor is lending us their bike trailer) yoga, water aerobics,

Did you learn something new this year or try something new?
Sparky - I just discovered last week that I like omelettes.
Valerie - Homeschooling, field trips to a turn-of-the-century ferry boat, an assembly about drums from around the world

What was a book that you read or movie that you watched and particularly enjoyed this year?
Sparky - I read Robinson Crusoe and really enjoyed it.
Valerie - Ella Minnow Pea (Thanks, Nova!)

Did you reach a milestone this year? (certain age... have a child, have a child graduate or leave home...)
Sparky - Interviewed for jobs as a university professor (results still pending)
Valerie - Audrey starting school, and Alyssa graduating from babyhood

What do you remember about Christmas Mornings, all of them traditionally or one in particular?
Sparky - Going through stockings together. Waiting to go downstairs together. People insinuating that I should wear more than my underwear since the event was being videotaped.
Valerie - My Mom would leave books on our bed and we had to stay and read until my parents woke up. We started Christmas pretty late in the morning. One year my Dad dressed up as Santa. Eating oranges and peanuts while opening gifts

What are your memories of visiting Santa?
Sparky - None really.
Valerie - Long lines in a crowded, noisy mall, for the annual picture.

What memories do you have of putting up the Christmas Tree?
Sparky - Listening to Eve. Eggnog. The Christmas tree glow in the living room and dining room.
Valerie - My Mom always did the main one, but let us have an 18 inch for our own rooms

What do you remember about Christmas Eve at Grandma's on Lulie St.?
Deviled eggs. Little sandwiches. Uncle Chris teasing.

What was your first Christmas away from home like?
Sparky - Missionary-ish.
Valerie - In Paris, and just magical. I spent Christmas Eve dining with sisters in thward, traditional French fare and lots of singing carols together. Christmas morning, my companion and I delivered sandwiches and oranges to homeless people in the metro, and were surprised how few would accept them. We had another meal with a sweet elderey lady in the afternoon.

What traditions have you carried into your own family?
Sparky - Christmas tree. Opening one present on Christmas eve. Shortbread. Games.
Valerie - peanuts and oranges in stockings

Favourite Christmas Movie?
Sparky - Nora's Christmas Gift, Elf.
Valerie - White Christmas

What do you want for Christmas?
Sparky - A pleasant couple of days relaxing with family.
Valerie - A job offer from Utah State

What do you like for dinner if you haven't planned something and everyone is hungry?
Sparky - Burritos.
Valerie - Graton's burritos, sandwiches with tomato soup or spaghetti

What do you consider to be a treat for yourself?
Sparky - Trip to the beach.
Valerie - Time alone, with no one talking to me, and a good book and bubble bath

What was a highlight of this past year in your life or your families life... an event, an award, a vacation...?
Sparky - Interviewing for jobs.
Valerie - Visting my grandparents' cabin in the spring. I hadn't seen the wildflowers there since I was a child, and it was so breathtakingly beautiful

What do you think of everyone meeting in a warm fun place for Christmas one year... there are 38 of us now... What a Party??
Sparky - Sounds great!
Valerie - Count me in! Too bad we're leaving San Diego. This would've been a great place to convene. I vote Salt Lake City. We can stay with my siblings, and Nova, Channa, and Jim could house the rest? It would be fun to have the traditional white Christmas and see the lights on temple square.

No comments:

Post a Comment