Of course my blog has a few more of my favourites also... but you all likely know that!!
How are you spending Christmas this year?We are staying home this year. Patrick is working out of town and should be home by Christmas Eve. We will keep it simple. We expect to see Channa and family and Jim at some point either Eve or Day... haven't really planned it yet. It has been a very relaxing and laid back Christmas season... or maybe we've just become relaxed and laid back Caleb - Sleeping in the same room as all the other kids
What sports, clubs or activities were you active in this year?
Caleb - was an assistant coach for a Junior tennis group this fall. Sarah and Miles both took their first tennis session. Caleb and Sarah continue with Piano under a new teacher this year and are flying ahead now. Caleb is his Deacon's quorum President and leader of his Scout troup. He loves going on scout outings, campouts and adventures. Sarah began studying spanish this year and has been making new friends. She has had a few opportunities to do some babysitting and feels fairly grown up. Miles just barely started the piano and is anxious to learn the guitar! Miles mastered the monkey bars this year. Duncan is on the verge of reading and writing his own novels. And is constantly asking for more school assignments. He also has a very busy social calendar. Duncan is a trampoline master and can ride his two-wheeler just as fast as all the big kids! I enjoy going to my book club each month, and I was invited to my first ladies night out outings!! what a blast... I've gone to a few now! I really am a home body and google my life away when not reading a book or blogging! The kids and I are each others entertainment a lot and I'm active typically in anything they are. I'm really getting a pretty good backhand at tennis just from attending their practices! Patrick worked in town more than half that year this time so we got to meet him again this year... He worked diligently on honey do tasks and yard work when he was home and doesn't really have free time... (his time is mine)
Did you learn something new this year or try something new?
Well... I became addicted to blogging... as most of you know! I painted my first wall artwork with Caleb's Star wars room... I've tried some new recipes but overall I've worked on decluttering and simplifying life so I do what matters most!
What was a book that you read or movie that you watched and particularly enjoyed this year?
I read lots.. big surprise! I enjoy most books that I read. I also watched a fair bit of movies this year since Pat was out of town. I don't know why but I love a movie that can pull me in and really emotionally grab me... if I cry... even better. We all really enjoyed Nim's Island, and Wall-E.
Did you reach a milestone this year? (certain age... have a child, have a child graduate or leave home...)
I have a teenager now, he is taller than me. Duncan has begun to read and love school. I have kept up better this year than ever before... kept up with schedules, appt., cleaning the house, keeping in touch, my callings, activities and school. Things are good. Sarah started the process of braces. Miles lost practically all his teeth this year!
What do you remember about Christmas Mornings, all of them traditionally or one in particular?
I remember getting our stockings and waiting for permission to go into the gifts. I remember individual cereal boxes, jap oranges, wooden names on the couches, waking up in the same room and joy.
What are your memories of visiting Santa?
There isn't a certain one that sticks out that we went to visit... I do remember seeing him at the mall but no biggie.. I do remember the night he came to our house. How exciting that he would make a house call.
What memories do you have of putting up the Christmas Tree?
Oddly enough I wonder if I fell asleep... as I was prone to do. I remember waiting forever for it to be put up and get drilled and flushed out and watered and stood just perfectly, and then lit... I don't remember decorating it although I know we did... I remember more decorating in Texas... I think we kids did the whole thing and mum and dad just watched!
What do you remember about Christmas Eve at Grandma's on Lulie St.?
Licorice allsorts, peakfreans, sandwiches with the crusts cut off, sitting in the kitchen, egg nog, using the dining room, Uncle Chris...., the only two gifts I remember were leg warmers and a frighteningly ugly plastic E.T. doll!
What was your first Christmas away from home like?
The first time I didn't come home for Christmas was when Caleb was 18 months old. We went out to the Ranch and ate and ate and ate!
What traditions have you carried into your own family?
We open a gift on Christmas Eve, we read Davey's Christmas at some point in December, we get our stockings from Santa on the end of our beds, all the kids sleep in one room,
Favourite Christmas Movie?
hmm
What do you want for Christmas?
a new can opener, a pancake flipper that isn't melted and cracked, a doorbell,
What do you like for dinner if you haven't planned something and everyone is hungry?
The kids want macaroni and cheese, but I prefer burritos
What do you consider to be a treat for yourself?
not to have to do the dishes!
What was a highlight of this past year in your life or your families life... an event, an award, a vacation...?
Our trip to Texas, having Valerie and the girls visit... twice..., Getting a new calling at church as song leader in primary, learning how and keeping up my blog
What do you think of everyone meeting in a warm fun place for Christmas one year... there are 38 of us now... What a Party??
No comments:
Post a Comment