Click here to receive email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, 22 December 2008

Christmas Past -- Performances


Click photo for more perfomances!

Gathright's were regularly called upon to perform… We always did.. and we did such a variety of things.. Not just as Christmas ! but Christmas was always a tableau or family skit.. or play.. Often I would write the play make the scenery provide the costumes and the performers.. sometimes I'd have to borrow Hil and Kara or neighbours or day care ( Alison Gaul Dianne Spellman , Jennifer Redding ton etc. .) to fill our the cast !

The Davie performance was done in just such a way.. with real feathers.. the poem was found and plagiarism abounded !

We did this so often and so well ! that I believe you all had the poem memorized in the early years.. so much so , that when the scenery was found in the attic in 1990.. a spontaneous Christmas eve performance sprang up !

Note in the photos the age and size of sparky in the original play and the repeat.

The year that we did the night before charismas.. everyone stood in a line largest to smallest including hil and Kara, in our night caps and gowns.. Graton was the mouse that never stirred as he obediently crouched on the stage… and nova was Santa who bounded down the chimney !

We did have a lot of fun and hard work and were much appreciated by our audience.. I m glad you all had opportunities to perform.. I thin it has stead you well in your lives..

Watch for photos , dialogues and descriptions of seasonal performances that we did.. and of course Saturdays Warrior… Love Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment